We will ensure that:
- the data you give us will be safe. We use encryption to protect the personal information you give us.
- your data will be stored at a secure facility. Regular backups of data are performed to ensure it can be recovered in case of a disaster.
- all access to the system is logged. If any unauthorised behaviour should occur, this will assist us in identifying and resolving the issue.
The Attorney-General’s Department’s ICT security practices and procedures are guided by whole-of-government standards and guidelines including the Australian Government Information Security Manual (ISM) and the Protective Security Policy Framework (PSPF).
- Install and activate security software on your computer. Ensure your security software includes anti-virus, anti-spyware, firewall and anti-spam filter.
- Run regular scans of your computer for viruses.
- Remember to update your security software to ensure you are always running the current version.
Other steps you should take help protect your computer include:
- Check your internet browser's security settings for ways to make your browsing more secure.
- Do not open email attachments if you do not know the sender.
- Only download files from reputable websites.
- Be wary when exchanging files with colleagues or friends.
- Never click on hyperlinks in emails received from unknown sources.
To report any suspicious or unauthorised activity relating to your use of this website, contact us.